Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Last minute....

We had decided to go to a local river to camp over the weekend just gone. The day we were due to go, I was informed that there was an event happening down there and it would not be advisable to go at this point in time. The river is just over an hour from our house.

I was in town preparing for the weekends adventures, when DH called. I told him what I knew, and by the time I got home, he had decided it would be great to go see his sister for the weekend instead. So, with an hour until school pick up, we frantically finished packing the camper and car, picked up Master 5 from school, and set off on our 6+ hour camping journey!

As long as the drive to and from seemed to be, it was a fantastic weekend with both my sister in laws and their families. All the kids had a blast, and I am glad my children have these opportunities to get to know their cousins.
We spent the morning at the local town pool, which was not a bad temperature, but still cold if you ask me! As my Sister in Law is a qualified swim instructor, she took the kids in the pool for a little lesson!
At lunch, we went down to the local creek for a bite to eat and a chance to wet a line (go fishing), then back to town for the kids to play together in the park. A bbq dinner followed by quiet a few drinks rounded out the day just nicely!

The following morning it was time for us to leave (just a quick trip down). It was a great weekend catching up, albeit a rainy/cloudy weekend, but we seemed to have made the most out of it.

I must say (and I am sure you are all used to it by now), I did not even get any pictures on my phone, because I left it back in the house when we went out! Oh well, there will be plenty more adventures to share with you in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I see a trend happening with no pictures.
    Glad you all had a good time. Sure putting that new camper into action.

    ReplyDelete