The wonderful event of Little Miss 3 becoming Little Miss 4 has brought on a new task - 4year old needles :-(
I have Little Miss 4 booked in tomorrow for this glorious occasion, and am a little anxious. I want to tell you what Little Miss 4 said to me tonight, but you need some background to start.
A few months back, Master 5 had a splinter. Oh dear, what a drama it is for him to get splinters out. I mean, he watches his father donate blood at red cross, he watched the nurse stick the needle in him during a blood test earlier in the year, and his 4yo needles were no problem at all, but the moment you need to get a splinter out, it is amusing to know all this and the sobs he still gets out! Not just a don't do it sob either, a great big girly wail and it does not stop until you do (ie. give up or get the splinter out).
So, during one such occasion, I convinced Master 5 if I hurt him while attempting to get his splinter out, he could pinch me back. It worked as a distraction for a second, but that is it.
Tonight while Little Miss 4 and I were discussing her predicament tomorrow, she starts telling me how brave she will be, growling at me and putting up scary hands etc, then she gets real serious and says 'can I pinch the doctor?'.
I had to stop a second to remember why on earth she would want to pinch the doctor, then it dawned on me and I told her we would have to see! What a funny little monkey she is.
Good luck for tommorrow.
ReplyDelete