It means nothing without children, and as I watch my children playing at the park this afternoon, I wonder why we are always thinking about our future. There are times I wish we did not have to look ahead and plan for what is coming because we are having so much fun. And other days I feel guilty for stopping and having fun because reality is a b#@(h and there is always another bill or basket of laundry to tend to.
I am at home now, kids in bed, Hubby off to work, and I am left to my own devices.
I am really over tv, computer games, and housework. Can't play with the kids and am not currently reading anything, so the only thing left for me to do is clean or cook. How boring. But it needs to be done. I guess this is just one of the joys of getting older. The future. You HAVE to do your own housekeeping cause you no longer live with your Mum (or Dad, whomever was your main housekeeper).
Some pictures of our adventures last weekend. We went into an underground sapphire mine, fossicked for sapphires out of purchased buckets of dirt , and fossicked in a creek behind our campsite.
I had a great childhood (in my opinion), and no matter how much money, time, and location may affect us, I want my children to have a great childhood also. I think we are doing a pretty good job so far!
As I re-read what I have just typed, I awaken to the realisation that we are off camping again tomorrow. I am hoping this time there is a tree to string up my hammock (and that I actually get a decent amount of time to relax in it)! So I had better go, ideally to find my camera and its charger so I may be able to take some decent pics this weekend.




Woohoo looks like the kids enjoyed their fossicking trip.
ReplyDeleteHope you were able to find your camera for this next trip.