Wow, what a weekend! We celebrated Little Miss 3's birthday on saturday to much success with all her little friends. She had a blast, and it was so nice having a good bunch of kids play together.
So, tomorrow is her actual birthday and when I put her to bed tonight, she held up 5 fingers saying she will be this many tomorrow! Whoops, the party message obviously did not get through to her, and she thinks she is 4 already, with tomorrows festivities giving her a whole extra year in just 2 days! Very cute, but it must just have been the way it was said as my Nephew, who is here for the party too, had a really confused look on his face when he was told about tomorrow! Oh well, they learn eventually.
I am so fortunate to have my family around this weekend. My brother and his girlfriend helped me out this evening, eating cupcake tops and helping me assemble presents. I have really appreciated the help.
This evening once the kids were in bed, I set about getting everything ready for tomorrow. First step was a cake. We had leftover princess muffin cases so I decided a red velvet recipe would be perfect. As I took the beautifully coloured cakes out the oven, I re-read over the recipe and noticed the cocoa powder was not mentioned in the method! Oh well, they are vanilla flavoured red velvet cupcakes now! Not that I think anyone will notice in the morning.
My next step was to wrap the persents (after tidying up the kitchen for the millionth time this weekend). Firstly we assembled the few items, and next it was wrapping. The gifts turned out better than I had hoped and are all now sitting nicely in Little Miss 3 nearly 4's room. Lets hope she comes and wakes us up in the morning before opening her gifts!
My final objective of the evening was to tackle the mounting laundry pile which needs folding. Well, that can wait until everyone leaves tomorrow!
Sorry, I have no pictures of the party, but am hoping I get some sent to me. My camera battery was flat and I had misplaced my phone during the party, so I am relying upon my guests to provide me with their snaps of the day!
Gosh, they grow up so fast. Glad to hear you all had a blast and I for one are hoping to see some pictures.
ReplyDelete