Monday, 25 February 2013

Good food!

Yum!

I just had breakfast (I know, a little late in the day, its 11.30 already), and it was YUM!

I have started having a late breakfast cause I find it easier to work out in the mornings after school drop off, which means I don't have enough time for my food to settle before my exercise (we don't get up until 7am, and I really can't drag my butt out of bed any earlier), hence I eat later.

So, this morning I wanted some scrambled eggs. Sure I thought. We have plenty of eggs (thanks chookies), and looking in the fridge, we have heaps of mushrooms thanks to my home delivery of 'fresh stuff'. Remembering a recipe from a while ago, I decided to have sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs.

First, I sauteed a small onion with a clove of our favourite garlic in some olive oil, and later added a dash of worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. When that was nice and soft, I added some chopped button mushrooms until the were warmed through. Served with scrambled eggs and a dollop of creamed cottage cheese, it was the perfect way to start a good food day!

No comments:

Post a Comment