This afternoon the kids asked to go to the park for a play after school. Perfect, I thought, so I packed a few supplies and off we went.
A few of the kids friends were there also. Playing as kids do, Master 6 came to complain about a scratch he got on his arm. After explaining about his rough play with the other kids, I was not going to do anything about his scratch, he went of to play some more, in exactly the same manner. After a little while, he came screaming and crying, oh dear, what has he done now? A bump from another child. Oh well, another cuddle and another warning about rough play, off he goes again.
After some more time, the kids sliding down the skate ramps on their bottoms and having lots of fun as they usually do. This time, Little Miss 4 is heard crying. I go and check out the situation and she has fallen somehow down the ramp and bumped her cheek and chin. A cuddle and kiss and all is good.
Somehow I was thinking we should head home now, but I was not quiet ready for the tantrum which that conversation would bring, so I left the kids playing. Not long after, Master 6 comes running/jumping/skipping and crying. Aaarrrggghhhh. Time to go before anyone breaks anything! Master 6 had borrowed a 2 wheel scooter and was bravely attempting to go down the ramps (this was the first time he had tried this). First go, good. But then something went wrong and he ended up with a big bruise on his hip.
On our way home, the kids were asking if we were still having our bonfire tonight? Um, I don't think I want to risk it tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment