Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Oh wow! What a year we have in stall for us!

Getting fit.

Being frugal with our money.

Home-schooling our daughter.

Tough Mudder (a marathon of sorts).

The list goes on. But this is a big start! We have just tonight finished the 'alcoholic' drinks in the house, and don't plan on anymore until after our athletic adventure in August. The healthy eating part starts absolutely after we get back from holidays, you know how going away just kills the diet!

Well, to start with, this year we are super serious about fitness. I have been jogging lately, about a 3klm track around town. A little while ago I purchased a proper jogging pram so I can start extended runs when my boy goes back to school, in preparation for Tough Mudder.

Now, Tough Mudder. It is a extreme obstacle course designed by UK special forces. It is popular over seas, and made an Australian apearance last year in Victoria and NSW. 2013 is QLD's turn, and my Husband and I are in! 10miles of torture. Well, not so much, but a good excuse to get fit and have a good time with friends. Hence, the endurance running and I might finally get some upper body strength! We are not wanting to come first, but to finish. We don't want to become 'worlds toughest mudder' (a title which you can compete for). I guess the main reason we are participating is motivation for fitness, and it is something we can do as a team and show our children how to work towards a common goal. I am looking forward to the rewards my family will reap from this adventure. And the best part? I should have a bikini ready body come next summer! Lol, gosh, I have 2 children, just being fit would be good enough for me!

This year we are also becoming extremely frugal with our money. Meaning no spending on unnecessary material objects. The only things I intend spending money on is groceries. To make one thing clear, I am not telling you this to brag, but to officially committ to this task. No more sales, unsolicited spending, or unplanned purchases. Sure, we may need new underware at some stage, but we have more than enough to live and we need to start learning to live with what we have.  We are off to the coast soon for a holiday, and this will be a true test of our frugal living start! Wish us luck.

Finally, I am home schooling Little Miss 4 this year. E-kindy is a new program started by the Brisbane School of Distance Education last year. She was too young then, but we are able to give it a go this year. I am keen for the one on one committment to 'play' with her this year, and I look forward to logging her progress. I will keep you updated on that one!

So, 2012 is gone, 2013 is here, I am 4 day out from Master 5's birthday, totally NOT prepared (especially with our new frugal living regieme). Good luck and best wishes for what lies ahead of you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment