The past few weeks I have been busy.
Well, it feels like it anyhow.
Well, to tell you the truth, I have not really done that much.
I lie, I have done bugger all. Sorry.
But I have had the opportunity to play with my little girl. Little Miss 3 is growing up so quickly and having been in our situation the past few years and needing to work I do feel I have missed out on a bit with her. It is reallly haunting me the fact she goes to school the year after next.
The past few weeks I have not been required to look after our friends children so have had more time than usual to ourselves.
So I have been taking time to play. And just hang out with her. We jumped on the trampoline the other day, invited friends to music makers last week (which she adored), and have had time to build some leggo contraptions.
I am finally feeling more like my old, responsible, self and am making a concerted effort to ensure my house is clean (since I hurt my back, my cleaning gene has disappeared). It is still not perfect, but I can only do so much around the sleep shifts which happen in our household.
We have been loving our bonfires, collecting sticks and burning up empty boxes. It has been a bit of a challenge keeping our beloved Rusty dog away from our sticks, there are plenty around the yard, but he has seen fit to take from our collection and redistribute them back over the yard.
I took the challenge (it was not too hard actually) to read my first novel in about 5years. Took me about 2 weeks, but done and dusted, now I am thinking about what to read next, but not too willing to jump in to something else as I have trouble putting a good tale down!
And I have been getting our next garden bed ready for planting. Am not sure if it will be a potato garden yet, but it is almost ready, just need to fence off the last corner to keep the chickens and dogs out.
Today I fenced off a corner of the yard which I have been clearing out, and it is now ready to be sewn with grass seed. I have a bay leaf tree which is going in this corner, so I need to keep the dogs and chooks away from here too, to keep my grass growing.
My DH picked up some wood a few days back, and I plan on making some sort of bench which I will turn into a makeshift greenhouse, so I can grow seedlings safely away from that beloved puppy whom seems to get into everything.
And finally, this weekend will see us take out our new camper trailer for the first time. We are pretty excited, but totally anticipating no sleep due to the cold weather! But it will be exciting all the same! I will make sure I charge the camera batteries and hopefully have some pics for you all next week.
Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment