Thursday, 19 July 2012

A nice day

I have recently added to my family 2 little boys on an occasional basis! I babysit a friends boys during the week as she begrudgingly, has gone back to work. It is nice to have the distraction from my everyday tasks, caring for another persons children I am more in tune to do kids things. This week I have not had the boys, and today has been my first day in a long time I have not had any plans and my DH was at work.
So it was just Little Miss 3 and I.
Not sure what we would get up to, we dropped Master 5 off at school and strolled home. She determined the route we walked, and it was nice to go a different direction.
We did not get up to much, she watched movies on a portable DVD player at various places around the house (I love seeing her chill out and laze about to watch a movie as her attention span does not usually last that long!).
I attempted some laundry, sweeping, just the usual. Around mid morning I decided (since the sun was uncharacteristically shining) to air the bedding and wash sheets. Together we stripped my bed of its covers and proceeded to have fun jumping on it together, and I realised how much I had missed laughing with my children. Since my girl was little I had to work, so she was in childcare, and I have realised that I missed the early years of her development unlike my son. So I am really getting to know her now. And I have to admit, it was fun to jump on my bed!
After sorting out the bedding, Little Miss 3 asked to do some painting, so without hesitation I got out the painting pallett and off she went. A lovely love heart today, and more to come tomorrow.
After lunch we had a sleep in our freshly made-up beds (without blankets), and I accidentally snoozed until 1pm. Missing my chance to mop the floors (so I thought), I decided that some reading was in order (after the dishes), and to my surprise Little Miss 3 slept until it was time to get our boy from school. I had hoped for a rendezvou to the shop for a snack, but time was ticking so off to school we went.
A quick detour to the local park for a play before the masses stopped in, saw us invited to a birthday party (at the park), and we ended up staying until dinner time (about 5pm). It is days like these I am thankful for my overcooking and frozen meals!
What a great day, hope yours was good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment