Today was Master 5's first school sports carnival. An exciting day filled with anticipation of what was going to happen next.
It was the perfect day, a nice sunny morning with little cloud cover, the house was warm so we dressed appropriately for the upcoming day and off we went.
I had packed a small picnic and our drink bottles. We had a blanket in the pram (we walk most places around town, cause it is so easily located). We got to school as the kids were warming up, and everything was starting to happen. Little Miss 3 did not get out of the pram initially, her little legs were purple due to the cold breeze, so I went back home to get her some pants and a jacket. All was good and she began to enjoy herself.
A quick lunch visit from our friend and her kids, a bit of cheering along, and Little Miss 3 plodded off home with them, leaving me to cheer on the kids alone.
Master 5 was a little unsure as to what was going on, he knew it was sports day, but this was his school and I am sure he was thinking he should be in class learning something!
First activity was shot put, followed by long jump, then high jump and a sprint. He placed 3rd in each event except high jump, and was very proud of his efforts.
There were points in the day we were sitting around waiting for the next activity, and Master 5 kept asking to go home, but we perservered and saw the day out.
It was a little windy, but a nice day. I am currently feeling a little wind burnt, and think it is time for a bath before I cook dinner, and a moisturising face mask too!
No comments:
Post a Comment