Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Busy busy

Well, not really, more so pre-occupied.

I am letting you all know that this is the last blog I will post to facebook. I am limiting my online social networking because I feel it is taking over my life and I am not being the person to my children whom I want to be. I will still blog, but you will have to come back here to check it out (lisakccook.blogspot.com.au).

A friend recently mentioned she would like to see some pictures of where we live, and as we have driven around the past few weeks I have noticed our environment and how different it is from one step to the next. As much as we are 3hours from the coast, we are definately not in the desert. Our region is called the Central Highlands, but it is still remote compared to where we have lived in the past.

Sorry I have not got any pictures this time, but will get some for you all soon (when I find that elusive camera!).

To start to be a little descriptive, from our front balcony and directly to the right (we are on a corner house), we have a set of train tracks. They are behind a 6foot fence, and only run a block further north, past our house. These are the shunting yards where the broken wagons and loco's go awaiting to be repaired. The main track is across the highway 3 blocks south, we can see these from the corner of our yard, down the walkway beside the shunting yards. Almost directly opposite our house (but over the other side of the shunting yard) is a lovely little park and skate bowl. We do have to walk 2 blocks towards the highway to go around the shunting yard and cross at the crossing to get to the park. Across the crossing is also a small library (think the size of the average living room), and behind the library is the school (about 500m from our house).
Back on our front balcony, looking out over the houses we can see the tops of the tablelands, a lovely mountainous range with waterfalls and all. I love watching the rain clouds cover the mountains, They seem very close by from this view.

Had better go entertain some kids, till next time..........................
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment