Tuesday, 17 April 2012

It happened.......

So, I come home from my parenting duties (ie. P&C meeting) this evening to discover my washing strewn across the lawn - again. I was furious, to say the least. Pretending not to notice, I called over the culprit and dragged his naughty butt to the chain and tied him up.
Forgetting about the hot chips which we bought for dinner, I then went to pick up the laundry, and all the pegs too cause that annoying dog will eat them. Laundry on, the kids are wrangling the chooks out of my garden so I decide it is time to put them to bed. Still furious, I discover the chooks have pecked the bottom off their feed dispensed and can't find the wing nut and washer to reattach it. Aaarghh.
Luckily the chooks come into the pen easily and we shut them in for the night. As they still like to sleep in the nesting box and not on the roost, I have been barricading off the nesting box at night, so I go around the pen to do this. I open the nesting box lid and the frustration from the past quarter hour washes away as I find this
 OUR FIRST EGG!!!!

It was so hard getting those two to smile for some reason, I think they just wanted to own the egg individually! I had to take it off them to make sure it did not drop on the ground!
After getting over my excitement I remembered we had 'hot' chips for dinner and ushered the kids off to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! DS will be checking the nesting box at hourly intervals now though.

    ReplyDelete