Just came off a 2 day detox and felt great. I usually do the 48Hr Rapid Detox you can buy in the supermarket, just to give the system a chance to process everything else we tend to consume but never burn off!
I tell you it was hard though. 2 little kids and a husband still had to be catered for. Needless to say, sunday pancakes did not happen this weekend past! And the cheese cake I made the other day was finished by others (my hips thank them). I tell you I was not the perfect detox-er, I did lick the peanut butter off the knife after making Miss 3's lunch, and later stole a cracker off her plate. I made a nice chicken dinner last night and it was really hard not to eat any!
After all that hard work, today started with a coffee which I did not drink all of, and a nice egg white omlet with parmesan cheese. I reminded myself everytime I got hungry just a glass of water was fine until the next meal, and it worked for the morning. Lunch was a slice of bread with turkey meat, tomato and (too much) cheese, which was good but again too much cheese. The dinnertime routine was a fail for me, I forgot about the P&C meeting on this arvo straight after school and had no excuse to get out of it. So, we did not get home until 430 which is usually when we are getting ready to eat dinner. Dinner ended up being leftover chicken for Master 5 (and we wont go into the tantrum which ensued when he realised it was not the chicken meal he though he was getting), chipolatas for Miss 3 and I have just finished off the last 2 chipolatas and a chocolate drumstick. What a way to finish off the first post detox day! I had all these plans of easing myself back into food and having salads today, good luck to that for next time.
Playgroup tomorrow, and I would like to go, but a plate of food is requested for attendees. I have no problem with that but the plates usually derive of crackers and cheese, or cakes of some description. Am thinking I might just go for a cracker and dip with smoked sausage but really limit what I consume. Damn you self control!
Think I might have to go make myself feel better now and have a cup of green tea!
Well now I know where DH got the idea in his head to go on a fruit/detox diet.
ReplyDeletePS the pig still lives......