Monday, 7 October 2013

Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Wow, we have had a big weekend.
You see, it all started when I planned a trip to the big town (2hours away), for some school holiday fun, detouring about 3hours round trip to pick up a mates daughter so she could come visit for the weekend. I ended up booking in to the dentist and optometrist for the children, extending out day in town. We left home at 5am, and got back at 730pm. A long but good day.
So, the next day we were supposed to go to the other big town (an hour in the other direction), to meet someone, but they had to cancel as did DH. Instead, I took my kids to town for some more fun and playing, and a quick shop before everything closed for the long weekend.
Sunday was footy finals day. A big party was planned by some friends, which began not long after lunch. As Little Miss 4 was tired, I took her for a sleep before heading out, where we met DH and Master 6. After a lot of fun and no sleep from the kids, I decided to take the kids home. DH had had his share of fun too so we set off home around midnight.
Which brought us to today. No sleep in for my little trouble maker (aka. Little Miss 4), and as such we were up at 7. Today was the day of Little Miss 4's party, so my morning began with baking the cake (as I was a little busy last night!). As the day drew on, I felt like I had not left the kitchen, so it was a welcome relief when party time arrived!
Our guests came through the gate, and it was time to start (as unprepared as I felt), it turned out to be a great party, with the slip 'n' slide a huge hit (it was a little warm this arvo), most of the snacks gone, and the party cake devoured, the kids laughed and played the afternoon away.
Tomorrow, Little Miss 4 officially becomes Little Miss 5, and she can't wait to start school. Brings a tear to my eye! Oh well, off to wrap her present from her Mum and Dad!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your great moments, Happy Birthday Charlotte hope my cards have arrived. Happy Birthday to you both. Love you lots Aunty Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunty H, We will be checking the mail this afternoon, will let you know.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete