The next few weeks will focus on recovery. Even though I feel 'recovered' from our event on the weekend, I have to rebuild muscle strength, get over the pain of the tooth, and still have a few scabs healing from the obstacle course.
It was an awesome experience and I will do it again, but I know I need to put in a lot more work for next time.
And mud, wow there was some mud! At the end of the event, after a shower, I was still wiping mud from my eyes, nose and behind my ears! It took 3 days for my knees to look clean, and I washed our clothes about 4 times before giving up and putting them aside until we got home and I could soak them! Half way through the event it felt like I had put on all the weight I had lost this year. Thankfully there were a few water obstacles to aid in dissolving some of the dried up mud off the skin, but it was still everywhere. Our socks and shoes went to Tough Mudder heaven, may they RIP.
No comments:
Post a Comment