Monday, 6 May 2013

Going on.......

Wow, I can't believe it has only been a week since my last blog, it feels like so much has happened!

Well, to start, things are always busy, it just feels like we got a whole lot busier this past week! I attended a P&C meeting, and I actually committed to being the secretary, better practice my penmanship skills! I did state specifically if I couldn't handle it though, I would resign, but I am hoping I enjoy my new position as it is another job/skill I can add to my list.

The kids have gotten fully back into sport (well, kinda) since the new term began. Master 5 does tennis which only began again last week, and he also does touch footy which he loves, and both children attempt golf. I got them all ready to go to golf on saturday morning, and then had a feeling it may not be on due to the mass number of activities happening on the weekend. Luckily I have a friend taking her boy too, so I sent her a message to confirm. My suspicion was correct, which gave me a couple of hours to clean house, before heading out the the may day fair held the same day. We spent a couple of hours there before the kids threw yet another tantrum at each other and we quickly left missing out on numerous rides.

That night was a local game of footy, in which we are involved with the club (hubby trains with the team, and I do the 'partner' thing and help out with whatever the girls need done). We were asked to tend to the gate this game, and it was a different way to spend some quality time with my Man. We watched the rest of the game, DH won some money in the footy doubles competition, we had a few drinks, our team won the match, and we went home.

The previous night (sorry to do things about face!), there was a rodeo on in town. We do enjoy a good rodeo, as do the kids, and so we went and had some family time out. DH had to work all weekend too, so he did miss out on some events.

 

The kids found some of their friends at the rodeo, and all the kids enjoyed the evening, from what I could tell!

Moving on, I am starting into a new field of study. Will fill you in with more details in the not too distant future. But a lot of my time has been occupied doing research for study and an upcoming venture I am sure will keep me busy when Little Miss 4 starts school next year!

I am also helping out at the school on a rostered basis on friday mornings with the preps and 1's doing rotation work. Not sure what that entails yet, but I am looking forward to it!

We have all been recovering to some degree or another from varying ailments. So, we have been avoiding the intimate social situations lately. And just when I thought things were looking up, Master 5 has come down with a cold. The poor sod keeps telling me his nose is sick cause snot keeps falling out of it! I must say he does make me smile.

Last night I was packing away some stuff in our dining room pantry. I opened the top door and a tall glass fell out. I didn't realise it was there, and it landed rim down on my middle toe, and grazed the skin open on the next toe near my toenail. It hurt so much I had to contain myself from letting out any profanities in front of my children. Instead, I nearly ended up in tears. The kids felt so bad for me, Master 5 even gave me his favourite teddy (he always sleeps with), to keep me company until Daddy came home!
Needless to say, I did my workout this morning then went for a walk (which I was hoping to speed up to a jog), but ended up almost limping home cause my toe was hurting. I just hope that it heals quickly so I can fully get back to serious workouts! Only 16 weeks to go until the big event -_-

I mentioned earlier, the kids attitudes towards each other has been less than desirable lately. Well, it got to the point, I am forcing them to co-operate. Master 5 now has to share Little Miss 4's bedroom until thursday, with no access to his own room. This means they have no place to get time out from each other, no place to banish each other from and thus forcing them to co-operate. Tonight is the first night they are sharing, and I just hope they go to sleep soon, they are getting along like they used to and it is nice to hear, instead of the angry little sods they had become. I do think it is due to Master 5 being jealous of his little sister getting to spend those long school days at home, by herself, with me.

Well, I am sure that is enough for now, there is always more laundry to be done so I had better go do it! Stay safe everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs! Hope your toe gets better soon.xo Stacey.

    ReplyDelete