A few days ago, Master 6 decided it was time for his teddy to have a birthday. This teddy, Harry, Master 6 got when he was born from some dear friends, so in my opinion Harry is just as old as Master 6.
Nope, master 6 believes his teddy is 8!
Which promoted Little Miss 4 to have a birthday for her 'Baby' (a soft bodied doll she sleeps with every night).
So, together they discussed when this party would happen, the gifts they would give, the party food, the party decorations etc. Oh my!!!
I value the power of imagination, and don't like to deny my children their little made up games (hence the ongoing saga of the Feather Fairy, which has not visited since I last blogged about it!).
Not one to deny my children their fantasies, I baked a cake today for afternoon tea, with which we would have some simple party food and as such their 'birthday party' for their toys. Unfortunately I forgot about a meeting I wanted to attend this afternoon, got held up on a phone call on my way out to the meeting, and had not cooked dinner before I left so the idea of an afternoon tea party quickly slipped away.
Luckily I am good at compromise and convinced my Children to have the cake for dessert (I did decorate it with sprinkles, so a little more party like!), which kept them happy. And as such, we gave the Harry and Baby their birthday party. I now pray no other teddies need a birthday just yet, I really don't need all those extra calories I get when there is a mixing bowl which needs licking!
No comments:
Post a Comment