Tuesday, 29 November 2011

In a Bucket!

We are having such a good time up here that the kids decided to get sick and ruin our run of good health since being away from the child care! The past 3 days Master5 has had his head in and out of a bucket with a tummy ache and temps with a heat rash (I think), and this morning Little Miss 3 has decided she needs a bucket also! Let's just hope she finds the bucket in time if she actually needs it, this house is fully carpeted and I have run out of my floor spotting spray. And, to add to the turmoil, my DH threw up on the way to work the other night!??! They all seem to be nauseaus, and I am praying my tummy is strong enough to avoid it (goodness knows how the household would cope then!).
Our gardens are coming along nicely, my second garden has been filled (I got in trouble for working out in the sun just before lunch, but with the kids I do what I can when I can).  I probably could have watered the garden with the sweat I produced that day! I now have some nice tomato plants growing, a beetroot, some shallotts, a few bok choy seedlings, some chilli plants, strawberries, ginger and tumerick. We had some lettuce but the dog knocked them down, and he has also dug DH's pot plants to find the pecan nuts DH had planted (I think the puppy likes the pecan nuts!). 
The kids planted sunflower seeds a little while ago, so we have now also made a flower garden, recycling the rocks out of the old gardens which were here when we moved in. And we have grass! Our dirt patches are disappearing and the grass is nice and green (for now).

 Since I brought the boat home, we have spent a few days at a local weir. Catching crayfish in pots and catfish on the line. Nothing else of note from the weir at the moment, except the kids love swimming there and we have enjoyed taking the dogs on the boat for the first time also!

1 comment:

  1. Heres hoping that you don't get the bug, otherwise it will be kaos.

    The garden beds look great, you guys have been busy and green grass to boot.

    Extremely hot and dry here, hoping to get some of that rain they are predicting..........

    ReplyDelete